Avast Antivirus offers a whole set of cool, amazing features that makes the life of the user easier in terms of fighting potential threats around the world of the internet. Being said, in the 2017 version of Avast Antivirus, they came up with a fascinating feature that has been specifically designed for gamers around the world and is known as Avast Game Mode.
The feature has been optimized specifically to work efficiently well with the games that you play on your desktop and laptops. In this article, we will have a detail look about how the Game Mode works and how users can activate this feature onto their personal computers. Let us dive into more details and check if it really works.
Avast Game Mode
There could be a lot of problems running on your personal computer devices at the moment. This means that you could very well be interrupted by unwanted notifications and unexpected updates while playing your much-favored games on the computer. Due to this, more often than not, you will have to reboot your system, while in the middle of the game.
However, Avast has the perfect solution for these unwanted and unexpected interruptions. The Game Mode by Avast allows you to mute notifications and pause the system updates, as you continue playing your favorite games without any interruptions. Say goodbye to the troubles and enjoy the game with your friends without any disturbance.
How to Activate the Game Mode?
The activation process for the game mode is quite simple and can be done quickly with some easy to follow steps. Following are the different steps involved to turn on the Avast Game Mode on your system.
- To initiate the game mode, you will first have to launch the Avast antivirus program on your device. Look for the icon or search the application in the start menu to launch it.
- On the home screen of the application, you can find a button named Performance on the left side menu. Click on it.
- After selecting Performance, you will see some more options on the screen. Select the game mode option from the list that appears.
- Click on add game button and a list will appear for you to select the name of games that you want to add to the game mode.
- If you do not find the name of your game on the list, click on Select Game Path and then select the .exe file from the computer.
- Now save the settings that you made after selecting the games of your choice. Also, ensure that the game mode is activated on launch.
After following the discussed steps, the game mode will automatically run on your computer whenever you launch the game to play and there will be interruptions whatsoever during your fun time.
In all, it is a cool feature for all the gamers around the world, who do not want to get disturbed with unnecessary updates and notifications onto their screens.